August 15th, 2005
More than anything, college style is all about looking good without looking like you’re trying too hard. And let’s be realistic–chances are, you won’t be going heavy on the Edwardian fashion or rock rebel chic clothes.
Luckily, collegiate fashion is In. Think preppy collared shirts, vests, and cardigans–and sporty chic track jackets, polos, and henley shirts.
What should you be wearing for a fresh, collegiate look? Whether or not you’ll be attending classes this fall, Style Intelligence Report has the answer for you:
- Sports-inspired items, like track jackets,
- Patterned sport shirts,
- Knit ties,
- Fitted polos,
- T-shirts over polo shirts (or sport shirts), and
- Denim, as usual.
- Cropped anything: blazers, sweaters, and pants,
- Henley shirts (a casual nod to Nautical fashion),
- Cardigan sweaters,
- Premium denim: as the prices rise, the popularity of status denim only increases,
- Oversized sunglasses with square-shaped frames,
- Plaid and Tweed, and
- Sports-inspired items (e.g. track jackets, tennis tank tops).
For more information, check back next week for our back-to-school packing list. We’ll drill down on Exactly what you’ll want to have hanging in your closets.