September 14th, 2005
Since we’re over halfway through New York Fashion Week’s Spring 2006 collections, we thought we’d give you a quick recap of the trends we’ve been noticing.
- Return to Minimalism
- Age of Innocence: Youthful fashions from a simpler time
- Neutral, natural colors: Black, white, shades of brown and beige
- Hardware & Fastenings: Buttons, zippers, snaps, etc.
- Peter Pan collars
- Abundance of fabric prints & multi-print combinations
- Controlled volume
- Emphasis on waist
- Higher waistlines, at natural waist or above
- Shorts: Short shorts, knee-length shorts, and ankle styles abound
- Tulip skirts
- Boxy jackets
- Long jackets
- Double breasted styles
- Wide legged pants
- Full skirts
- Slip-on shoes
- Across-the-body bags
- Ladylike gloves
- Dogtag necklaces
We’ll flesh out these ideas after the Craziness that is Fashion Week is over!