February 14th, 2006
Without further ado, Omiru presents "The Top 10 Trends of the Fall 2006 season!"
- Voluminous sleeves: Good for visual interest, but it can get theatrical. Aim for small puffs rather than Jerry Seinfeld’s puffy shirt.
- Oversized Collars: Oversized jacket detailing in its most visible form.
- Capes and Capelets: Like we said, it’s The Poncho, Part II.
- Bubble Skirts: As long as they don’t invite Bubble Boy comparisons, we’re OK with them. Short girls beware though, as they’ll throw off your proportions…
- Vests: Time to raid the Wall of Vests at H&M!
- Sweaterdresses: The ultimate in comfort + style.
- Small and Square Sunglasses: Out with the bug eyes, in with sleek, technochic style.
- The Long Glove: This is the Huge Accessories Trend.
- Chain Handles on Bags: The Hottest New Bag Trend.
- Leggings and Tights: Great for layering.
For more details, see Omiru’s Fall 2006 Fashion Week Trend Roundup!