February 17th, 2006
I’m in LA for the long weekend, and I finally made it over to The City Bakery in Brentwood. Since I’m here, and I have my laptop and cellular Internet, I thought that I would share:
The City Bakery LA verdict? Good, but incomplete.
- Actual food foods (as in not dessert): nice selection, including salmon, their classic Mac & Cheese, and even a fruit bar (scary to me).
- The Classic City Bakery Hot Chocolate. Rich, viscous, and oh-so-good.
- Decor: Nice, airy, clean atmosphere…and they have laminated cork tables. I heart cork.
- The Melted Chocolate Chip cookies. Pricey at $3, but excellent.
- No Cold Hot Chocolate on the menu. But then again, it’s not rocket science to make. Ask for a cup of ice with your Hot Chocolate, and mix. Tastes the same.
- No Chocolate Tarts: They’re my favorite…and it looks like I’ll have to trek over to NY to get these, at least for now.
The City Bakery
Brentwood Country Mart
225 26th Street at San Vicente Boulevard, Santa Monica
Entry Filed under: Off Topic