Q: I’m getting married in August. Would you please recommend some affordable wedding-appropriate shoes?
A: Before we launch into our wedding shoe picks, we want to share three footwear tips for the bride to be–and other members of the wedding party, for that matter:
(1) Figure Flattery Still Matters.
For figure flattery, the slingback shoes are going to be better than the ankle-wrap shoes. The slingback shoes create a longer, leaner leg line. But then again, the ankle wrap shoes don’t fall off.
(2) Break in Your Shoes Early!
I’d recommend wearing them indoors and pacing back and forth on a hard surface, like linoleum, tile, or hardwood floors. Then when they start to hurt, you can just sit down. This sounds horrifically boring, but you can multitask. I’d recommend readng or watching TV while you do this.
(3) Looking to wear these shoes later? Go Metallic.
Metallic shoes are going to be more versatile than white shoes. Metallic shoes can be paired with other dresses in the future, so you don’t have to go out and buy more special occasion shoes.
And without further ado, here’s our top four picks for bridal shoes, arranged by increasing price:
(1) Touch Ups Faith | $63.95 at Zappos
(2) Kenneth Cole Reaction ‘Rich n’ Post’ Slingback | $78.95 at Nordstrom
(3) Franco Sarto Leslie in Silver Metallic | $82.95 at Zappos
(4) Kate Spade Lover | $298.95 at Zappos
Pictured: Kate Spade Lover | $298.95 at Zappos.
Style question? We’ve got answers. E-mail us at tips at omiru dot com, or leave us a comment with your question.
2 comments June 15th, 2007