Trend Alert: Ikat Prints

June 6th, 2008

African prints aren’t the only textile trend hitting stores.  Ikat prints, which are woven from relief-dyed threads, are extending the ethnic print style into new dimensions.  Presenting Omiru’s seven favorite picks for Ikat prints:

Our $ Picks:
Fire Ikat Print Tank Top
Fire Ikat Print Tank Top | $24 (sale) at Macys
Two of our favorite trends–purple and ethnic prints–collide in this summery shirt.

Color Block Tank Dress
Color Block Tank Dress | $34.50 at Old Navy
Hundreds of dollars worth of style for only $34.50.  And isn’t the pattern gorgeous?

Embroidered Ikat Cami
Embroidered Ikat Cami | $36 (approx) at Topshop
Pair this ikat camisole with a white pencil skirt for a look that bridges ethnic and elegant.

Boho Ikat Longline Camisole
Boho Ikat Longline Camisole | $49 (approx) at Topshop
Exude breezy chic with this boldly printed camisole.

Our $$ Pick:
Michael Kors Ikat Jacket
Michael Kors Ikat Jacket | $169.50 at Nordstrom
A beautiful color and style.  Bonus?  It’s available in plus sizes!

Our $$$ Picks:
Milly Ikat Floral Ruffle Halter Dress
Milly Ikat Floral Ruffle Halter Dress| $335 at Nordstrom
Go bold with this halter dress with a full-length ikat print.

Vince Women’s Ikat Maxi Printed Dress
Vince Women’s Ikat Maxi Printed Dress | $375 at Bloomingdales
We love the elegant U-shape of the neckline and the gorgeous floor length print.

Entry Filed under: Trend, Trendscape, Trendscape, Women

6 Comments Add your own

• 1. Margarite Elaine  |  June 6th, 2008 at 9:06 am

I am a sucker for prints! I love how they give my outfits a lil’ extra punch. My fav print is the one that dress from Nordy’s. It’s super cute and would look great on a blouse as well.

• 2. Poster Girl  |  June 6th, 2008 at 11:24 am

I love that Old Navy dress.

• 3. Jenna  |  June 6th, 2008 at 4:57 pm

I love the concept of prints, but find myself always reaching for the solid colors. Oh well! I especially like the camisole from Topshop…

• 4. Mimi  |  June 6th, 2008 at 11:15 pm

I didn’t know they had a name but I love these prints, especially the purples and B&W. This works well if you’re iffy on the safari-animal print look but want some trendy patterns. That Old Navy dress looks much more expensive than it is!

• 5. Jackie Berens  |  June 7th, 2008 at 4:34 pm

I almost bought that Old Navy dress! I just didn’t know what type of undergarments to wear with it because it was quite thin and has small straps. I have such a small bust that I hate going without a bra, haha!

• 6. Trisha  |  June 8th, 2008 at 1:32 pm

My fave is the Old Navy dress too–you really get your money’s worth…and then some. As for undergarments, try a strapless bra with a smooth cup. The thin fabric will reveal any lines or decoration on the bra, so the smooth cup is a must. Hope that helps!