You Said: No to Big Shoulders

July 14th, 2008

You Said: No to Big Shoulders

Short Sleeve Collarless Textured BlouseWe asked: Would you wear big shoulders?

You said:  Overwhelmingly, no.  Only 9% of you were for big shoulders, with the rest of the 91% against.

Style tip?  Big shoulders are very 80s, and probably not in a way that we’d like to relive.  But–you can hint at the big shouldered trend with blouses and shirts with ever-s0-slight pouf sleeves.  But be careful.  A little bit of extra fabric poufing at the shoulder point on a short sleeved shirt can be flattering (especially on those of us with heavy upper arms), but if that pouf is too big, the look goes from flattering to frightening.  Note that if you have broad shoulders, even the small pouf is something to stay away from.  The ever-so-slight pouf works best on those that have narrow shoulders.

Next question: First it was handbags that appeared to be on growth hormones.  Now it’s jewelry that’s growing oversized.  But what do you think?  Tell us, would you wear giant jewelry?  Cast your vote on the sidebar!

Pictured:  Short Sleeve Collarless Textured Blouse| $64 at Banana Republic.

Entry Filed under: Trend, Trend Predictives, Trendscape, What's In and What's Out, Women

Leave a Comment

hidden

Some HTML allowed:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed


Calendar

July 2008
M T W T F S S
« Jun   Aug »
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031  

Most Recent Posts