Spring 2009 Fashion Week Trend: Slouchy Trouser Pants

September 9th, 2008

Spring 2009 Fashion Week Trend: Slouchy Trouser Pants
Photo Credit: NYMag.com
Slouchy trouser pants at Costello Tagliapietra, DKNY, and James Coviello.

Style tip?  Not a fan of skinny jeans?  Slouchy trouser pants to the rescue!  Wear these roomy trousers with a more fitted top for a classic small-over-big silhouette.

What do you think?  Would you wear slouchy trouser pants?  Share your thoughts in the comments!

Entry Filed under: Runway Reviews, Runway Reviews, Trend, Trend Predictives, Trendscape, Trendscape, What's In and What's Out, Women

9 Comments Add your own

• 1. Mimi  |  September 9th, 2008 at 10:18 am

I’m not a skinny-pant fan and I’m not too fond of too roomy trousers but I think the real-world interpretation will be easier to wear. I’m wondering about all the fabric around the middle

• 2. Jessie  |  September 9th, 2008 at 12:09 pm

All of my slouchy pants are full length. Should I get a couple altered or is there to wear them that mimics the effect above?

• 3. jennifer in sf  |  September 9th, 2008 at 1:46 pm

God no. Bigger in the middle? Tapered? Cropped? That’s like a list of the things I avoid in pants, all brought together. Regular trousers are fine (great even!), but these are veering way too close to harem pants if you ask me.

• 4. Christa  |  September 9th, 2008 at 2:17 pm

wanted to give all you guys a heads up on a decent compilation of shots from many of the NYFW shows, organized by designer…

I never was much of a DKNY fan but I am for Spring 2009 at least!

• 5. Trisha  |  September 9th, 2008 at 9:29 pm

Christa - thanks for the LA times link!

Yeah, I would say that slouchy trouser pants are still tough to wear. For the longest, leanest look with slouchy pants, wear them full length and without cuffs.

• 6. Heather  |  September 10th, 2008 at 8:32 am

slouchy pants = sloppy pants
    Especially when you are petite.
    And trying to avoid looking like MC Hammer

• 7. Jess  |  September 16th, 2008 at 8:23 am

these are great, but what shoes do you wear them with?? (aside from heels)
    I just bought a pair of Escada ones at Beacon’s!

• 8. almaz  |  December 2nd, 2008 at 7:51 am

thanks the fashion trouser send it ok my

• 9. GoGirl  |  February 9th, 2009 at 11:14 am

Prob not flattering on most people. Wide leg pants were fine-if they follow that line they might be OK