Guys, date night is a time to outfit yourself in the clothes that make you feel like a million dollars. Whether you’re going to a gala social event or just grabbing dinner and a movie, it’s time to dress up. After all, when you need to impress, it’s always better to be overdressed than underdressed. We’ve got you covered. Here’s a simple fashion formula that’s designed to sweep your date off her feet:
1. Start with a well-fitted dress shirt in solids or patterns. This blue striped shirt is a safe option, but feel free to experiment with color and pattern.
2. Wear a tie. This simple piece of fabric will elevate everything else you wear.
3. Depending on where you’re going, you may be able to sport a pair of (dark rinse) jeans. But if the event is more formal, switch out the denim for a pair of dark trouser pants.
4. If you want to stand out from the pack (and get some extra style points), skip the traditional blazer in favor of a tailored 3/4 length overcoat.
5. Shine your oxford dress shoes and slip them on. Bonus points? Bring a beautiful bouquet of flowers for your date.
Guys, what’s your go-to date outfit? Share your style with us in the comments!
8 comments February 4th, 2009