The quintessential All-American look pairs a fresh white button-down shirt (with the top couple of buttons left unbuttoned) with fitted blue jeans. It’s crisp, it’s clean, and it’s completely classic. Add a pair of red shoes (or a red handbag), and it’s a great outfit in which to celebrate the 4th of July. But what if you want something a little different–and a little less literal? We’ve put together a sophisticated, feminine look that takes denim and white and adds a bit of a twist. Here’s how to get the denim and white (with a twist) look:
1. Instead of blue jeans, reach for a blue denim skirt as the foundation of your outfit.
2. Add a nice colored blouse. We love how the green of the blouse complements the classic blue of the denim skirt - and how the ruffles on the blouse echo the ruffles and shirring on the skirt.
3. Toss on a nice light sweater (optional, depending on how warm it is). The delicateness of the sweater complements the elegant blouse.
4. Get your whites on with a summery pair of espadrilles.
5. Finish the outfit off with a brightly colored handbag. We chose to forego red and instead chose a beautiful, vibrant orange.
Wishing you all a very Happy 4th of July! Have fun, and be safe. We’ll be back with more fashion fun bright and early next Monday.
How do you wear denim and white? Share your style with us in the comments!
4 comments July 2nd, 2009