August 13th, 2009
Skinny Pants, Menswear Vests, Motorcycle Jackets, Zipper Detailing, Ankle Boots, Concert T-Shirts, Schoolboy Blazers - all of these (and more) combine to form a foundation wardrobe for the Rock and Roll girl. But how do you combine these pieces for an effortlessly thrown together (but still put together) look? Here’s three outfits that show you how to get the effortless Rock and Roll style:
Schoolboy Blazer + Floaty Top + Skinny Jeans
1. Start with a floaty, sequined top over a pair of skinny jeans. We love how the peach on the top pairs with the grey–and the dark blue of the jeans.
2. Add a schoolboy blazer, left open enough so that the color of the floaty top can shine through.
3. Accessorize with a blue plaid scarf tied at the neck, a pair of lace up boots, and a handbag slung over the shoulder.
Floaty Dress + Skinny Jeans + Motorcycle Jacket
1. Start with a floaty dress, belted, over a pair of skinny jeans. Becaues the dress is black, we decided to try a lighter pair of pants.
2. Layer on the motorcycle jacket, which adds a degree of toughness to the floaty, lacy dress.
3. Accessorize with a pair of oversized sunglasses, a layered necklace, a faux snakeskin bag, and a pair of ankle boots.
Graphic Tank + Punky Skirt + Menswear Vest
1. Start with a graphic tank (don’t you love the grafitti) and a punky miniskirt. We love the mix of grafitti and art with this combo.
2. Layer on a menswear vest, left open.
3. Slip on a pair of knee-high boots to give your legs some more coverage.
Missed Rock and Roll Style, Part 1? Check out our five iconic Rock and Roll pieces here.
How would you style a Rock and Roll look? Share it with us in the comments!