April 11th, 2012
Sequins and sweatpants sound like a combination best found on the runway rather than real life. But different as they are, they look surprisingly natural together. Sequins add drama and dimension to the casual sweatpant - together, they form an outfit that’s as visually stunning as it is comfortable to wear. Here’s how to get the look:
1. Start with a pair of sweatpants. The trick to getting the look right is to find a fitted pair of sweatpants. Too baggy of a pant will mar the long and lean silhouette you’re looking to create. Bonus points for a sweatpant with a cuffed tapered leg - all the better to pair with heels.
2. Add your sequins with a tank top. Choose a cropped or just below the waist length top so as to not cover the detail at the top of your sweatpants.
3. For this tough yet casual look, add a moto jacket in a complementary color. With a palette of metallics and black, we love the pop of lightness that comes with a white jacket.
4. No sneakers for this look - to class up your sweatpants, slip on a pair of heels.
5. Finish off the look with some edgy accessories - a cuff clutch, a geometric architectural metal ring, and a pair of angular cat-eye sunglasses.
How would you wear sequins and sweatpants? Share your style in the comments!